Friday, March 2, 2012

The Day Before

So I'm sitting here in my hotel room watching my almost 2 year old pull around her empty suitcase. We just got back from the park where the race will take place tomorrow. I also picked up my race packet (nice whicking shirt for this race, btw, none of that cotton BS) and signed Morgan and William up for the kid's fun run(they got shirts too!). So this is their first official race :D I walked the first mile or so of the course and it's nice and flat. The weather is perfect, 70 degrees! Going to be a nice run tomorrow on a very pretty course.

I'm getting pre-race jitters. I've only had them one other time and that was before my first 5k last year. I'm nervous I'm going to fail, I'm nervous that I'm not going to finish. It will be fine, I'm sure but there's that small niggling doubt in myself knowing that I'm a novice and I still don't have that runner's look down. Ah, but I'm sure it will all be fine. Cross your fingers for me, say a Hail Mary, or w/e. Tomorrow's going to be epic either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment