Wednesday, February 29, 2012

)

I've tried to start blogs before but now I am going to stick with this one for sure. For those who don't know me: I'm Tara. I'm an obese (yes I used the dreaded "O" word!) runner. I am currently working my way to do a marathon. In fact, my first half is on Saturday and I'm super duper excited. I started running after my first child was born. I figured out I could take him with me so it assuaged the "mommy guilt" I felt at leaving him. Yeah, I'm over mommy guilt now. I didn't like running at first but then it grew to an addiction. I wasn't running long before I got pregnant with another baby. After about a year, and several surgeries, I got back into running by doing Couch To 5k. I completed my first 5k, the Susan G. Komman Race for the Cure 5k in Columbus Ohio in May 2011. I have since done several other 5k's and one mud run. To date my fastest time happened just a few weeks ago at the 2012 Willits Classic 35 mins 10 sec!

Currently I am signed up for the Bidwell Half Marathon in Chico, California. I also plan on doing the Santa Rosa half in August, Tought Mudder NorCal in September, and the California International Marathon in December. Whew!

Anyway I'm tapering for today so I will do a 2 mile run, then tomorrow will be Zumba, rest Friday and Satruday's the half! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment