Thursday, January 2, 2014

Running Into the New Year

I feel so optimistic about 2014. After last year it can't possibly get worse, right? In the last 3 weeks I have been almost pain free and have been slowly increasing my physical movement. I have Zumba'd a few times this week and ran twice. It feels awesome, like I'm back home almost. I have my first physical therapy session tomorrow. Our goal is to get some more flexibility in my hips as it's really limited right now. We'll be doing some work in the water. Today was a landmark, the mark that means good things are happening: I did 45 mins of a Zumba class at high intensity WITHOUT getting a headache! Now if I can just get the shin splints out of my legs we'll be golden. The thing that will remedy that is proper shoes. Unfortunately my daughter took off with my shoes and lost one. She likes them because they're pink. So I've been wearing old shoes. Probably not the best idea.

I typically do not like to make New Year's resolutions because they never seem to correlate with what is actually feasible. I think, though, setting a general goal of being more active and mindful of what I'm eating is a good goal. I also do want to try to stick to the challenge on I <3 to run: 1. Never miss a Monday 2. Run 3 days a week 3. Don't go 3 days without running 4. Never give up. I think I can do this!

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment