Friday, April 13, 2012

Why I'll Always Be Fat

This is the first time I'm making this public. I'm going to try to make it short and sweet. I went to see an Endochrinologist about two months ago to figure out why I have been trouble losing weight. The results: my kidneys are acting up and not processing water properly. To add to that my levels for estrogen are low. We knew this because I have no ovaries. And guess what? Without proper homonal blanace losing weight is impossible. Soooooooooooo I started estrogen therapy two months ago. After two months of estrogen therapy my body is not responding. So that's the short of it in case anyone was wondering. I have a severe hormonal imbalance and my kidneys don't work right. Luckily I did find out today that my kidneys aren't so smurfed up that I have to go on dialysis or anything... yay!

So now... I will only be focusing on being fit. I will focus on Tough Mudder, I will focus on my next half marathon coming up in August and my full in December. If anyone has a problem with that they can go smurf themselves. I'm sick of the stereotype that you have to be thin to be fit, it's not true. I may not be fat and happy but I could still beat most of those problem people's ass on a race course.It's situations like mine that get me fired up about fitness. You don't have to be a size two to be fit. I wish people would think before passing judgement on others.

No comments:

Post a Comment