Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Day After

Oh.My.God. SORE! SORE! SORE! At least when I woke up I felt like I got hit by a mac truck. Didn't help that manchild decided to kick me out of bed at midnight and I didn't have the wherewithall to tell him "no" last night. So couch it was. Spent today recovering. Took an icy bath (just cold water, no ice), felt much better! Sat with my feet propped up all day watching David Tutera. Contemplating my next tattoo... an apple sitting on an apple blossom with the numbers 3.1 and 13.1 on the petels. I'll save the middle of the apple for 26.2 ;).

For those who don't know what the apple symbolizes I'll tell ya: The Goddess Atalanta, the goddess of running. See her dad wanted her to get married but she didn't want to. So she told him that the first person to beat her in a foot race would have her hand. Many tried, many failed. Then Melonion came along and asked the goddess Aphrodite for help. Aphrodite gave him golden apples to throw at her and during the run he threw them and she'd run after them. So he won, and she married him. That's the jist anyway.

Plans for the next week: will do some exercise tomorrow... probably a short walk or easy 2 mile run depending on how I feel. Or go to the gym and do some strength training. Need to get on a plan for that. Have already picked out my next plan: Hal Higdon's Half Marathon for Intermediate. I want to pick up my time before the Santa Rosa Half. Yes, I'm already contemplating my next big one!

No comments:

Post a Comment