Sunday, March 11, 2012

For the Long Haul

I'm doing pretty awesome. Had a great 4 mile run today. My recovery has gone swimmingly and I am so glad that my body can bounce back as well as it has. Gives me hope that I can continue on without any bad repercussions. I've been very lucky in the sense that I have not had a single injury since I started running. The worst thing that's happened is that after the half I was exhausted and sore.

Tomorrows a day for weights and I'll be meeting up with my buddy in the morning. She said she wasn't much of a runner but since we are doing Tough Mudder in September I'm going to print her out a couch to 5k program. Not that she's couch ridden but because it's one of the most effective ways to get started with running. Speaking of programs, next week I will be starting a new one. I've chosen to step down a notch and do the 10 k program from Jeff Galloway. I will then do the half marathon for intermediate from Hal Higdon. I figure this is the best way to give my body some rest while also keeping up my miles.
http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/5k.html

No comments:

Post a Comment