Friday, March 16, 2012

The Two Week Wait

So according to Jeff Galloway one should rest one day for every mile ran in a big event before running hard again. For me that would be 13 days, almost two weeks. That time is OVER as of today! Yesterday I ran with my husband's cousin. Let me tell you that was a challenge. Two things: He's male with long legs. I'm female with super short ones. Not a great match up but still an enjoyable run. I just had to remind him to go slower. My comfort zone is a 13 min mile pace. On a good day it's 12. He wanted to go like 10. Yeah, challenge. Ended up walking a lot. I did like the company, though :D.

So next week big changes coming up! First, I'm going back to work after being on medical leave for three weeks. Second, I'm starting the 10k plan. I still have my half marathon plan hanging on my oven. I just don't have the heart to take it down yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment