Saturday, March 17, 2012

Running er.... Walking my way...

Whelp it's official my endurance is SHOT. I went on a long "run" today of 4 miles. I walked most of it. I think part of it is I really am tired and part of it is no inspiration. I have nothing keeping me on track right now. I can barely run a mile. Which is not like me at all. So I'm hoping that the 10k training program will get my fat butt back on track and will inspire me to continue to run.

I did a lot of introspection today. More coming to terms with the fact that I am fat, I am in menopause, and there's not a damn thing I can do with it.

I've been overweight my whole life... even at my lowest weight around 140 I was still in the "overweight" catagory. I've been feeling kind of down about my weight lately because I haven't been able to shave any pounds off in like a year. But then I have to remind myself of where I came from and know that where I am now, even at the same weight, is a better place than where I was. It's been 4 years since I started my journey and I have been able to keep off over 50lbs! I'm at the point now where I'm not too worried about weight and am focusing on fitness goals. Such as running a marathon at the end of this year.

I guess my point in all of this is that you can stay at the same weight for a year or more and still be in a better place. That weight isn't the end all be all. I started couch to 5k last year. I never dreamed that I'd be able to complete a half marathon less than a year later. Don't let that scale get ya down ladies! Remember that you're doing awesome just by having the mindset that you will make healthier choices

No comments:

Post a Comment